Monday 19 July 2010

Man 'o war?


It's quiet. So quiet in fact, that I can hear mains hum from a techno gizmo at the far end of the room. It's not an entirely unpleasant experience, given my frantic lifestyle of late, however it's completely alien. The kids are in bed, knackered after a weekend in the outdoors. My wife has followed their example.

So I'm here, for once, wondering how to fill my time, and thought I should blog. I hope that there's still one or two of you with my feed in your reader. If so, hello!

Please enjoy this jellyfish that we found in a rock pool at Bamburgh yesterday. I think it's a man-o-war (circa 3 inches diameter)? Apparently they're common in the south of England and are finding their way up north. Please correct me if I've got my species wrong.

Here's a video of it swimming complete with kid commentaryr;





And these are Black Headed Gulls, yes? Greedy bastards either way. Nicked me sausage roll they did..

8 comments:

Susannah Anderson said...

I've still kept your feed active. Hello to you, too!

Beautiful jellyfish! I've never seen one like that.

jamon said...

Hi Susannah, nice to hear from you. I did wonder whether you would drop in and tell me what species it was!

Susannah Anderson said...

I looked for the species in my local encyclopedia. Sometimes our animals are the same as UK ones. Not this time; we don't seem to have any large blue jellies in BC.

I found one on Wikipedia that may be yours: Blue Jellyfish.

jamon said...

Thanks Susannah - I think you're bang on. Found this link with some user photos that look just like our specimen! Apparently it's one of the rarer species around our coasts, so was a good find.

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, longchamp, louboutin, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max

Unknown said...

kate spade outlet, hogan, coach outlet, michael kors, sac longchamp, nike air max, nike free run uk, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet, nike blazer, vans pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, lacoste pas cher, air max, burberry, kate spade handbags, michael kors, mulberry, michael kors, nike free, tn pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, louboutin pas cher, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, air jordan pas cher, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, sac guess, hollister, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, converse pas cher, replica handbags, north face, air force, true religion jeans, nike roshe, nike roshe run, timberland, new balance pas cher, hermes, vanessa bruno, nike air max, coach purses, ray ban pas cher, north face

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.10.25
longchamp outlet
basketballl shoes
issey miyake
christian louboutin outlet
adidas outlet
ralph lauren polo
louboutin shoes
true religion jeans
vibram five fingers
asics shoes

Lich Am Hom Nay said...

Thanks Susannah
Thien Menh.Net
Xem Lich Am hom Nay
Lich Van Nien
Lich Van Su
Van Khan
Tu Vi Hang Ngay
Tu Vi Hang Tuan
Tu Vi Thang Moi
12 Cung Hoang Dao