Saturday 26 May 2007

Angel of the North


The Angel of the North has become quite the icon these days for the North-East of England. It's a beautiful and immense sculpture. I'm confident that Antony Gormley envisaged graffiti on his iron creation. I think he would agree it only adds to it's beauty.

Hundreds of thousands of people pass her each day on the motorway. She is huge. You can hardly miss her. The devil is in the detail however, which is lost at 70 MPH.

This is a more intimate image of her that I took this afternoon.

Addendum: Stew asks for this photo to be set in context. It's taken looking up at her left little toe. The same place incidentally, that I'm blighted with damned itchy athletes foot. I have cream for it, you'll be interested to know.

1 comment:

botado said...

find more infovisit this page Homepagelook at this site useful referencecheck this site out